If you’ve just received a foreclosure notice from your lender, you may feel like you are in a very bleak hopeless situation with nowhere to turn for help. But, the good news is that you do in fact have options. Slowing down or eliminating the foreclosure process isn’t difficult to do when you have an experienced foreclosure defense attorney in Coral Springs by your side. With the help of the knowledgeable lawyers at Benson, Mucci & Weiss, you can succeed in mitigating the threat of foreclosure and keep your precious home.
What do I do when I receive a notice of foreclosure?
As is true with many of us, our homes are our greatest asset. And when something threatens to take it away, it’s a hard pill to swallow. But what you do next can make all of the difference in saving your home or losing it. When you receive a notice of foreclosure, time is of the essence. The sooner you act, the greater the number of options you will have for foreclosure defense. At Benson, Mucci & Weiss, our goal is to help examine the best defenses and strategy to resolve your foreclosure case. You may suddenly panic and think you have to leave your home immediately, but that could not be further from the truth. The truth is the earlier you reach out to an experienced foreclosure defense attorney in Coral Springs, the more time you have to explore your options and build a case. At Benson, Mucci & Weiss, we understand that each case is different and that there are often different ways to approach a foreclosure defense.
When you want to stay in your home
The courts take foreclosure notices very seriously since they know a home is a terrible thing for a family to lose. That is why your lender must follow every foreclosure step to the letter of the law. Sometimes lenders make errors in the foreclosure process and if something is amiss, our foreclosure defense attorneys in Coral Springs will find it. The foreclosure process is complicated and if the lender made an error with your account or failed to document something properly, you may have a good defense. A foreclosure defense attorney like the team at Benson, Mucci & Weiss can help you navigate the complex rules of the court system as well as the confusing paperwork
Here are some other strategies that may work for you to avoid foreclosure:
- Deed in lieu - this occurs when you surrender the deed to your property to your lender in exchange for wiping out your mortgage debt.
- Debt relief – You may want to contact a debt relief company to help you consolidate your credit card debt and loans into one payment to ease your monthly burden.
- Short payoff - this is when a lender agrees to accept less than the full balance of the mortgage loan as payment in full for the debt.
- Loss mitigation – In this scenario, your lender may work with you to avoid foreclosure. Certain loss mitigation options may help you avoid foreclosure and allow you to stay in your home.
- Mortgage modification – You can ask a lawyer to reassesses your loan and modify it to more affordable monthly terms.
- Short sale – you may sell your home for less than the total debt balance remaining on the mortgage, and the lender agrees to accept this as payment to release the lien on the property.
How do I find out more?
There is no one-size-fits-all defense when it comes to negotiating a foreclosure settlement. If you want to stay in your home and find out what you can do now to stop foreclosure proceedings, call the experienced team of attorneys at Benson, Mucci & Weiss to prepare your case. We have the years of experience to negotiate the best settlement for you. Foreclosure can feel incredibly overwhelming, but some options are best discussed with your attorney. Whether you’ve just received a notice of foreclosure or you’re currently enmeshed in the foreclosure process, the skilled foreclosure defense attorneys in Coral Springs at Benson, Mucci & Weiss, can help you weigh all your options. Help is within reach.
Call us today at (954) 323-1023 for your free consultation.